Innovation & Insights
Burson-Marsteller launches a Europe-wide lobbying report, based on a survey conducted in collaboration with Penn, Schoen & Berland (PSB).
More than 500 interviews were carried out by Penn, Schoen & Berland (PSB) on behalf of Burson-Marsteller between February and July 2009. Interviews were conducted either online, by phone, or face-to-face with politicians (both Members of national Parliaments and Members of the European Parliament) as well as senior officials from national governments and the European institutions.
Key findings included:
- Across Europe, 48% of political elites believe that lobbying makes a positive contribution to the democratic process.
- 64% percent of all respondents believed that lobbyists must be transparent – clearly identifing themselves and their interest is a pre-requisite by a majority of national and EU-level regulators a declaration of interest to meet with the lobby.
- Trade associations come out as the most effective lobbying group, followed by trade unions and companies.
- Top-tier traditional media remain key targets in any campaign. Digital media appear to out-perform traditional media, but the results suggest a vast majority of the digital sources for officials are online editions of newspapers, or established broadcasters.
Barroso II policy commitments
Burson-Marsteller Brussels outlines the policy commitments of the new European Commission.
Insights and Reports
- European Patient Group Directory / Third edition 2009-2010 (1st January 2010)
- Voting behaviour in the new European Parliament: the first six months (25th December 2009)
- Comitology: the new EU political battleground (1st September 2009)
- 2nd edition of the European Patient Group Directory (25th April 2008)
- The Final Shape of Europe (25th January 2008)
- Burson-Marsteller Report: The Definitive Guide to Lobbying the European Institutions (25th October 2006)
- Burson-Marsteller Report: Predicting the Future: The next European Parliament (25th August 2004)
- Burson-Marsteller Report – A guide to effective lobbying of the European Parliament (1st July 2003)
Search this website
More B-M Talk
Burson-Marsteller accepts no responsibility for external links. Content of websites which are linked through B-M Talk is solely provided by the website owner.
(B-M Talk is updated automatically once per hour, 24 hours per day.)
Burson-Marsteller EMEA has a network of 29 offices and over 80 additional markets covered by affiliates and their networks. Map