Innovation & Insights
What is .brand?
.brand or generic top-level domain (gTLD) is the string of characters at the end of all Internet addresses. With the opening of generic top-level domains .brand will become a company’s new Internet address. It will no longer be necessary to add .com, .biz or .net as .brand will replace the former ending. Using brands as domain names is a dramatic shift away from traditional geographic top level. Domains, such as .co.uk, .no, .fr, and sector domains, such as .com, .org, .info, and so on.
.brand provides a single point of online presence
• .brand makes it easier for customers to identify brands
• .brand can improve SEO – a brand or company’s search engine rankings – making it easier to distinguish a brand from its competitors
• .brand helps companies strengthen online trademark and intellectual property rights
• .brand reduces the risk of fraud and improves security
• Companies control all domain names under their generic Top Level Domain
Search this website
More B-M Talk
Burson-Marsteller accepts no responsibility for external links. Content of websites which are linked through B-M Talk is solely provided by the website owner.
(B-M Talk is updated automatically once per hour, 24 hours per day.)
Burson-Marsteller EMEA has a network of 29 offices and over 80 additional markets covered by affiliates and their networks. Map